The official media release of the outcomes of the Commonwealth jobs and skills summit 1 and 2 Sep 22 Parliament House Canberra has been recently released. The Federal Government has agreed to 36 immediate initiatives. 8 key immediate initiatives impacting our industry areas include:
4. Modernising Australia’s workplace relations laws, including to make bargaining accessible for all workers and businesses;
5. Amending the Fair Work Act to strengthen access to flexible working arrangements, make unpaid parental leave more flexible and strengthen protection for workers against discrimination and harassment;
6. Improving access to jobs and training pathways for women, First Nations people, regional Australians and culturally and linguistically diverse people, including equity targets for training places, 1,000 digital apprenticeships in the Australian Public Service, and other measures to reduce barriers to employment;
7. An increase in the permanent Migration Program ceiling to 195,000 in 2022-23 to help ease widespread, critical workforce shortages; and
8. Extending visas and relaxing work restrictions on international students to strengthen the pipeline of skilled labour, and providing additional funding to resolve the visa backlogClick Jobs and Skills Summit | Treasury.gov.au to read more.
Please contact the LDSC via firstname.lastname@example.org or (0*) 9388 8781 to let us know your feedback on the paper and how these outcomes will impact your workforce.